Jewellery Design is the field in which professionals design and create jewellery. It requires a lot of technical expertise. Jewellery designer is the person who knows about different materials, fabrication techniques, composition, wearability and market trends. In this article we have mentioned about some important points related to jewellery design field like jewellery design courses in India, and many more.
- Good Communication Skills
- Visual Imagination
- Eye for detail
- Intrapersonal Skills
- Knowledge of past & present market trends
- Knowledge of different metals and gems.
You can pursue a UG degree in Jewellery Design. You need to be 12th pass with good grades to take admission in college. You can go for a course of 6 months to 1 year. Students from any stream like arts, commerce, science can go for this course. If you want to go for master level degree than you need to have UG degree from recognised university.
You will learn a lot of things in it like elements of design, branding, merchandising, history of art and jewellery, diamond grading, advanced CAD, manufacturing process, gemology, cost based designing, accessory design, design and color theory, OB, business taxation, ornament designing, international trade, wax modeling, stone setting, magnetic polishing, cutting process, quality check, print and web format, and many more.
Some popular job profiles in this field are –
- Jewellery Designer – In this the designers create jewellery from scratch. First they have to create the sketch of the design and than know what gems, materials and colors will be needed for making it. After that design is made in CAD, so that the 3D image can be seen and if any changes needed can be done. At last the jewellery is finally manufactured. You can become designer by pursuing jewellery design courses from a good university.
- Gemologist – People who are gem or stone experts, they are known as gemologist. They determine the quality, value and genuineness of the gem or stone. They also see the purity of the gem.
- Jewellery Consultant – They assist clients in choosing jewellery as per their budget, needs and preferences. They always help in selecting the best jewellery which will increase the charm of the person.
We hope this article would have given you an idea about the jewellery designing career and jewellery design courses which you can opt for. Create unique designs and no one can stop you from getting success in early stages.